Short Fictions new album "Oblivion Will Own Me and Death Alone Will Love Me (Void Filler)" out now!
Photo by Ariana Cannonier
On Friday, October 6th, Short Fictions releases their album "Oblivion Will Own Me and Death Alone Will Love Me (Void Filler)" via Lauren Records.
The album comes from a line in a fictional play from within the Ingmar Burgman film Through a Glass Darkly. Sam Treber shares, "I don’t remember what the play was about, I don’t even remember what the movie was about, but this single line has stuck with me for years and I think that’s very telling unfortunately. A lot of Short Fictions music focuses on oblivion. I feel like as long as we live under a capitalist system that spares nothing in its wake but the ruling class, we belong to oblivion and death is our only escape. It’s at least cathartic to me to scream this as loud as I can. Perhaps that’s what screamo music is all about."
1. Self Betterment in a Time of Loneliness
2. Reno Nevada, January 2020
3. I Cannot Possibly Perceive the Least Kinship Now Between the Dead Girl and Myself Which Makes Most of My Days Inevitably Dreary
5. I'm Going to Kill Myself with a Gun
6. To Loved Ones Lost in Pursuit of Foolish Passions
9. Oblivion Will Own Me and Death Alone Will Love Me
10. Pittsburgh (interlude)
11. (Don't Let Me) Love You
**BONUS 7** Limited to 150 only available in bundles
“There’s a Dark Shadow on the Flames of the Burning Sun Pt II”
Side A: “Christmas on a Dying Planet”
Side B: “Envy the Dead”